Mold Remediation Service Areas NJ

Certified Environmental has been serving New Jersey for over 35 years, providing residential and commercial environmental testing throughout New Jersey. We can test for mold, and if found, remediate it. Our inspectors are properly trained, certified and licensed, and adhere to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations in New Jersey.

Click on a county below to learn more about our services in that area.

  • Atlantic County

  • Bergen County

  • Burlington County

  • Camden County

  • Cape May County

  • Cumberland County

  • Essex County

  • Gloucester County

  • Hudson County

  • Hunterdon County

  • Mercer County

  • Middlesex County

  • Monmouth County

  • Morris County

  • Ocean County

  • Passaic County

  • Salem County

  • Somerset County

  • Sussex County

  • Union County

  • Warren County

Certified Office Staff

Our friendly, knowledgeable staff is always available for questions.

Truck new

Frequently Asked Questions

Molds are part of the natural environment. Outdoors, molds play a part in nature by breaking down dead organic matter such as fallen leaves and dead trees, but indoors, mold growth should be avoided. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold may begin growing indoors when mold spores land on surfaces that of them will grow without water or moisture.

Molds are usually not a problem indoors, unless mold spores land on a wet or damp spot and begin growing. Molds have the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins).

Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold.

It is impossible to get rid of all mold and mold spores indoors; some mold spores will be found floating through the air and in house dust. The mold spores will not grow if moisture is not present. Indoor mold growth can and should be prevented or controlled by controlling moisture indoors. If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean up the mold, but don’t fix the water problem, then, most likely, the mold problem will come back.

What People Are Saying About Us Online